Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Big girl bed!!

Brookelynn got a big girl bed two weeks ago. She has done SO well with the transition and was so excited to change some things around in her room. Here is her last picture in front of her crib. I should have taken one before I broke it down.

I put the mattress on the ground for a little bit and Brookelynn thought it was a trampoline! She had so much fun playing on it. She is such a silly girl.


Wow mom...this is a really big bed!

Sitting in her big girl bed.

We had a few troubles with the crack at the top of the mattress...she fell in about 2 hours after she fell asleep. It was quite a tramatic event. We now have all of the cracks covered but we are still working on her crazy sleeping positions.
Since her first night we have had several trials...One night she got out of her bed 7 times in a row. She was just so proud that she could get out of her bed all by herself and come into mommy & daddy's room. I have to say that was quite a test of my parenting skills. She was so cute and sweet everytime that we walked in but I had to be the mean mommy and put her back in her bed each time. She finally got her first spanking on her bottom. It really hurt her feelings. She has since fallen asleep in the floor and is now starting to come into our room in the middle of the night. She has such a sweet spirit and I love her so much!

No comments: