Monday, November 1, 2010

Baylor Homecoming 2010

We headed to Waco again this year for Baylor Homecoming! We arrived in Waco early Saturday morning to see the parade. When we arrived it was sprinkling a little bit but it stopped when we found a spot to watch. We found Mom, Dad and Jenn then we immediately saw the Evans! Brooke had saved a great spot for Brookelynn to watch with her! They were so cute in their matching cheerleader outfits.
Brookelynn loved all of the floats!

My sweet husband and his big girl!

Chief and Brookelynn

Mom and Berkley

Our family

After the parade we headed to the bookstore...
Then we headed to the game....We were having so much fun when we walked up to the stadium and even found our seats...but then it started raining! And pouring!!! Right before the rain started all of the students around us started screaming, pointing and running. It was chaos! (They were pointing at the wall of rain heading our way!) In all of the craziness we were seperated from my mom, who had Berkley. While we were all getting drenched, all I could think about was my little 4 month old baby getting drenched too...only I wasn't with her and I couldn't make sure that she was ok. Brookelynn was being such a big girl as she was soaked to the bone. We walked to the car to seek shelter in hopes that Mom and Berkley would come soon after. Well...1-1/2 hr later...we still couldn't find Mom and Berkley! I tried to stay calm...after all my baby was with my mom...but I started getting a little worried. When we finally found Mom she was having such a great time...talking to new friends...telling them how she had just spent the last hour with the Baylor football team in their LOCKER ROOM!! The Lord put her in the right place at the right time...as it started raining someone in the locker room looked out the side door and saw my mom holding my little baby and they invited her in! She was the only 'non-team member' that was in there! Thanks Bears for taking care of my Mom and baby Berkley!
If we would have been all together after the rain started we would have probably gotten a hilarious 'soaked' group picture...but it wasn't funny at the time! :) Here is our tired wet Brookelynn as she waits for Gigi and Berki.
Fun times...I don't think we will ever forget Homecoming 2010!

No comments: